Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
Nathan Associates, with EnCompass LLC and its partners Integrated International (INTEGRATED) and JoWomenomics, are supporting the USAID-funde Makanati Women’s Empowerment activity, which aims to increase women’s access to waged employment and leadership opportunities in Jordan. This will be achieved through three interlinked and equally important performance objectives:
- Improve women’s access to jobs in the private sector and leadership opportunities in the private and public sectors
- Improve supported perceptions, practices, and advocacy; and
- Stimulate and enforce more equitable, safe, and accessible working environments.
Achieving these objectives requires interventions that transform sociocultural norms that hinder women’s workplace entrance and advancement and promote and sustain women’s economic empowerment (WEE), and policies and practices that enhance the enabling environment for increased female labor force participation. The complexity and interconnectedness of the performance objectives necessitates considering both top-down (e.g., policy and regulatory reform) and bottom-up (e.g., mentoring) levers across market subsystems (workplace, individual, community, and government.
This framework recognizes the bidirectional relationship between economic change and social change: economic change can stimulate changes in social norms, and changes in social norms can produce economic change.
The Research Specialist will be responsible for conducting research and running analyses to identify entry points for women in the labor force. The Research Specialist will work as part of the government component team to support Makanati project with technical writing including policy briefs and reports. The Research Specialist will also support the design and delivery of technical meetings with local authorities at national and sub-national levels.
- Respond to requests for research from Makanati technical staff, particularly as it pertains to women, youth, and vulnerable groups in the workforce
- Conduct secondary research from published reports and data
- Support the development and implementation of survey instruments to collect primary data from respondents
- Analyze primary and secondary data for Makanati activity when required
- Prepare studies and reports based on the data analysis
- Revise consultant technical reports and provide input and comments
- Support the workforce policy lab specialist with technical research and data analysis
- Attend technical meetings, workshops, and consultation sessions when required
- Support other components with research and data analysis if needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in, law, economics, social science, or any related field
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in conducting secondary research on women, youth and vulnerable in the workforce; experience conducting primary research preferred
- Fluency in Arabic and excellent English required
- Strong writing skills in both Arabic and English required
- Based in Amman
How to apply
Please send CVs and any supporting documents to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].