WHO WE ARE
Come grow with us! If you are a passionate change agent who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and inclusive, culture committed to operational excellence, we would like to meet you.
At Resonance, you get involved in the work, in the field, not just in the deck. Our teams are autonomous and self-sufficient. You get to weigh in with founders and leaders on how to drive change and grow the movement while growing the company.
Resonance is an award-winning, Certified B Corporation consultancy that delivers market-based solutions to address the world’s toughest challenges. We enable a variety of donor, commercial, and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets.
The Senior Associate, Innovative Finance, will lead company-wide efforts to develop and implement innovative finance approaches and solutions for our clients -governments, corporates, and foundations. An integral member of the cross-functional Technical Services Team, the Senior Associate, Innovative Finance collaborates closely with leaders and project managers across the firm to deliver transformational results for our clients and their stakeholders. They will be the public face of the firm on innovative finance and be responsible for developing significant thought leadership in areas such as conservation finance, financing for health, blended finance, and climate finance. The Senior Associate will build capacity and awareness across the firm, ensuring that our client teams are learning from one another and bringing the very latest in thinking on innovative finance to their engagements. Lastly, they will play an important role in supporting and driving Resonance business development efforts, providing technical proposal writing, and supporting client engagement.
Essential Functions and Outcomes
- Client and Project Advisory (50%)
- Serve as Technical Lead or Sr Technical Advisor on Resonance engagements and projects with commercial, foundation, and government clients in areas such as conservation finance, climate finance, and blended finance.
- Develop and deploy innovative finance products and tools that advance client goals and impact.
- Support client awareness and understanding of the different ways the tools of innovative finance can be used to achieve greater development impact and sustainability.
Thought Leadership and Internal Capacity Building (25%)
- Develop a concise and targeted thought leadership plan that demonstrates Resonance’s leadership in innovative finance.
- Collaborate with Resonance’s marketing team to expand our position among prospective corporate clients through blog posts, podcasts, webinars, case studies, website content, and/or articles.
- In cooperation with HR and Knowledge Management, develop and implement an internal capacity-building program aimed at increasing staff awareness and understanding of innovative finance.
Business Development (25%)
- Serve as a technical writer or provide technical inputs on proposals to USG agencies – USAID, MCC, DFC, DOS.
- Provide technical support and feedback to Resonance Impact Advisory proposals to corporates, foundations, and NGOs.
- Establish, nurture and expand relationships with prospective and existing clients, identifying opportunities to deliver value and impact that drives business growth.
Required Education and Experience
- MBA or another advanced professional degree in finance, economics, or a related field such as International Development.
- 8-10 years’ progressively responsible experience in technical roles related to development finance, impact investment, or economic growth programs.
- 5+ years of experience in advising clients or implementing innovative (or development) finance or impact investing activities in an emerging markets context.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas -conservation finance, climate finance, supply chain finance, or blended finance.
- Demonstrated experience evidenced by 3+ years of preparing or writing successful client proposals (or proposal inputs).
- Demonstrated experience evidenced by 3+ years in one or more of the following areas -transaction advisory, fund structuring, fund management, pipeline development.
- Demonstrated thought leadership experience in the form of articles, blog posts, podcasts, etc.
- Availability/ability to travel as needed
Preferred Experience and Competencies
- Experience working on finance activities within USAID, MCC, DFC projects
- Experience with the USAID business development cycle.
- Experience with participatory and inclusive methods – human-centered design, small group facilitation, etc.
- Experience working with small teams in a remote setting.
- Client focus & Client Engagement
- Decision Quality & Problem-solving
- Financial & Business acumen
- Timely Decision Making
- Project Management/Time Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Oral / Written Communication
- Action-oriented / Bias for Action
- Presentation Skills
- Innovation Management
Salary range $126,000 – $140,000
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.