At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
These days, the CFOs of financial services firms face an increasingly complex and rapid change of their financial and regulatory environment. Driven by digital transformation, accounting and regulatory changes and the upcoming trends in sustainability, the agenda of the CFO consist of a wide variety of topics. Moreover, working together with the business, risk management and quantitative departments (e.g. actuaries, capital management, assets & liabilities management) is key to succeed. There is a large opportunity at Finance departments to enhance capabilities to generate predictive insights and serve as a strategic business advisor. Given the dynamic market conditions reshaping the industry landscape, a few leaders have undertaken finance transformation programs toward a forward- and outward-looking perspective. The goal is to enhance overall financial management and improve business outcomes, broader than just increase efficiency in control and reporting.
As a Senior Consultant you navigate through these finance transformation programs and transform opportunities you work in implemented solutions. Together with a team, you are contributing to key topics that are important to CFOs by:
- Dealing with topics and changes impactful to both the industry and society.
- Owning the topics on the CFO agenda, to contribute to a better working world.
- Doing project-based work in a team to advice clients about new technology implementations and developments in order to build long-lasting relationships with our clients in the financial services industry.
- Working in teams and at the same time working independently; at our EY office, at our clients’ offices and remote from home.
- Working across multiple projects and geographies in our EMEIA network.
- Collaborating with various EY member firms and near/ off shore delivery hubs.
- Combining various skills, such as executive presentation, storytelling, writing skills, project management and working with various cultures and backgrounds.
Your Key Competencies
- Obtained an university Master degree with a strong academic record, ideally in accounting, financial management or controlling.
- At least 2 years at a consulting or audit firm, in the financial industry. A track record in finance consulting is highly desirable.
- Candidates with relevant finance experience gained in a financial services organization (e.g. financial analyst, business control) are also welcomed to respond.
- Knowledge of IFRS and the desire to obtain more IFRS and regulatory reporting knowledge.
- Experience in delivering business value from technology and experience in delivering value in finance transformation projects.
- Business insights into leading practice in accounting, management reporting and Financial planning & analysis.
- Good understanding and experience in digital enablers in finance.
- Communication and presentation skills in English.
- Experience in implementing leading finance practices and benchmarking.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. At EY, your competencies and your areas of interest will determine your future, plus we offer you:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Find out more on about the many benefits to which you are entitled as employee at EY
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
An (online) assessment and a pre employment screening are part of the application procedure.
Due to laws and regulations, and because EY (and in some cases its clients) has high demands on the reliability and integrity of its employees, every new employee will be screened. Depending on your rank the pre employment screening could contain the following : Certificate of conduct (in Dutch VOG) or – if requesting a VOG is not possible – criminal background check of the country you are currently living during the last five years, integrity questionnaire, verification of ID, diploma’s and/or work experience and consultation of the Dutch insolvency registry.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.