At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Financial Modelling Senior Executive, you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team, working at the heart of strategic decision-making activities and at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of around 190 people sits at the heart of a global Valuation, Modelling & Economics network of over 1,550 specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the business life-cycle.
Our Financial Modellers have a crucial role to play in driving commerce in its many forms. As a Senior Executive in the team you will work closely with clients, helping them capitalize on new opportunities and deliver responsible growth by building the tools they rely on to guide critical decisions and to secure the funds to enact them. In doing so, you will have exposure to many aspects of corporate and project finance across a wide range of industries.
Through formal training and by working on a variety of financial modelling projects, you will apply your specialist technical skills and gain further commercial experience much sought-after by our clients, whilst delivering value to through the insights gained from the models you build.
You will take on project and client management responsibilities. We will help you realise your potential to become an effective adviser capable of engaging with our clients across industries and geographies.
The insights and quality services you deliver will be at the core of establishing long-term value both for yourself and our clients, helping us fulfil the EY purpose of Building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Executive, you will spend the majority of your time designing, building, testing and supervising the development of Microsoft Excel-based financial models used to support clients with transaction-related or business planning and forecasting activities.
You will also support the activities of the wider Modelling team, which may include working with our specialist off-shore colleagues in the testing of integrated financial models or assisting with formal model reviews, which are predominantly deal-focussed.
When not delivering client work, you will assist with business development and practice development.
Historically, the majority of the team have been based in our London office with a smaller team in Edinburgh. EY is moving toward a hybrid working model and supports flexible working patterns. We are very happy to consider applicants from across the UK although you must be willing to travel to London and/or to clients in the UK or overseas, as required.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills – testing, designing and building models; incorporating operational, tax, accounting and financing aspects across a range of sectors. You will have a strong understanding of Excel-based financial modelling and how it can be applied to corporate finance
- Attention to detail – you’ll assist in the review of financial models and be able to articulate your findings and conclusions
- Stakeholder management – every day you’ll interface with multiple stakeholders across different functions and you will appreciate the context of the transaction and the client’s business issues
- Logical thinking – you’ll apply logical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to support resolution of issues
- Communication – you’ll need to be able to communicate effectively with the engagement leader, the client, and the wider team in a concerted effort towards delivering work products of the highest standard
- Support – assisting senior team members in developing new business as well as developing more junior members of the team
- Strong interpersonal skills and inclusive teaming – you will be part of a diverse team with various backgrounds and experiences. Embracing these differences creates an environment where all EY people feel, and are valued, for who they are, have a sense of belonging, and are inspired to contribute their personal best in every encounter
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven experience within Financial Modelling with a number of years of commercial work experience serving internal or external clients
- Strong commercial awareness and an ability to identify the factors that drive financial performance
- The drive to deliver excellence and a passion for financial modelling
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong interpersonal skills and previous experience of working within a similar team; people management skills and previous evidence of coaching/counselling others
· Financial modelling experience
· ACA/ACCA Qualification (first time passes)
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, consultative, numerate, critical thinkers who share EY’s core values. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate they are adaptable and committed team contributors; comfortable acquiring new skills and experiences, and confident enough to seek help when needed.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.