World Bank Group
The Financial Integration, Systems and Projects (CNTFS) unit within the Controllers Department focuses on the integration of relevant data from IFC’s key accounting and transaction systems into timely and accurate management reporting that support decision making in line with IFC’s strategic priorities. One of the primary responsibilities of the unit is the business ownership of IFC’s investment profitability system, FSRS (financial sustainability reporting system), a management reporting tool with close to 300 users within IFC, which brings together and disaggregates financial data from IFC Controllers systems to provide investment P&L statements down to investment project-level. In addition to maintaining FSRS and providing investment portfolio analytics for portfolio reviews, KPI scorecards and other corporate reports, the team is involved in a host of different Corporate and / or Controllers projects and initiatives that seek to enhance IFC’s ability to capture relevant information and integrate data from different streams into transaction, accounting, and operations systems and ultimately to management reporting. Such initiatives include ASU (accounting standard updates), the LIBOR Transition project, the CECL project, the Loan System Replacement project, and the streamlining and enhancing of existing systems such as Loss Reserves (IPAR), Controllers data in Operation Data Warehouse (ODS) and FSRS, where CNTFS is involved in all aspects of project management, from business requirement coordination and gathering, through close collaboration with IT teams and consultants through all steps of the projects including testing and implementation.
CNTFS has co-located some aspects of its work program to IFC’s Chennai Office (CNTCO), who have recruited staff in the IFC Financial Integration, Projects & Systems (CNTFI) to deliver their work program.
IFC Controllers Department is seeking a Senior Finance Assistant in the CNTFI unit in Chennai to help support across all functions described above, including the preparation of management reporting analytics, the alignment of accounting results with financial/management reporting, creation of efficiencies through automation and streamlining of deliverables, and assure IT system development projects are under budget and comply with business requirements and needed governance framework(s). This position will report to the Team Lead of CNTFI unit in Chennai.
The successful candidate is expected to have exposure to accounting developments and be proactive in responding to the rapidly changing accounting and business environment. The selected candidate will be required to work across team functions and become a fully functional team member within a short time-frame. He /She should be able to establish productive relationships with staff at all levels within the team and across various units of IFC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Finance Assistant will work as part of a team of professionals in CNTFI team which requires frequent interaction with internal counterparts in Controllers departments and external clients in Risk, Portfolio, Treasury, Investment, and IT department. Her/his tasks and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of investment profitability information for IFC’s monthly/quarterly operational, financial and management reports to the Board, IFC & WBG senior management, including reports on department-/ sector- and region-wise profit & loss reports, profitability KPIs etc.
- Provide support in the development, streamlining, automation and coordination of IFC’s operational, financial and management reports.
- Provide support in providing quality assurance for IFC’s operational, financial and management reports by verifying data to various source systems, reconciliation and ensuring data consistency across operational, financial and management reports.
- Assist in preparation of adhoc database analysis with database management and reporting/visualization tool like Tableau/Business Objects.
- Provide support in the implementation of new features or enhancements to various operational and finance systems of IFC; Participation in project team meetings and preparation of business requirement documents, test scenarios etc.
- Performing testing at various stages of systems development including user acceptance testing, integration testing etc.
- Documentation and maintenance of process flow charts with business process management tool or, procedure manuals etc.
- Provide support for user training needs in developing training materials and handling user queries post implementation where applicable.
- Support efforts in preparation of adhoc reports for management.
- Regularly share key information on processes, timelines, status, responsibilities, expectations and potential problems with supervisors and team members and seek their input.
- Assist the team in ad hoc projects and special assignments as needed.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues both in Chennai and Washington, D.C (HQ) on the status of all assigned activities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance, accounting, systems, or related field.
- Accounting Certification such as CA/CPA/ACCA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in similar or complementary roles.
- Knowledge and experience in accounting and financial and/or management reporting, with exposure to GAAP/IFRS and its effect on financial metrics / ratios.
- Understanding of IFC operations, including business lines and financial products would be preferred.
- Ability to work seamlessly with teams in different time-zones.
- Proficiency in performing reconciliations and analysis and in working with large data volumes and diligent in documenting workflows.
- Ability to understand accounting information flows across multiple systems (Corporate centralized database, accounting subsystems and general ledger, MIS etc.) with knowledge of IFC/World Bank Group accounting systems would be preferred.
- Competent in office technology tools with advanced Excel and Excel VBA skills.
- Strong teamwork orientation, good interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work effectively with a range of clients and colleagues.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, with an ability to convey complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.