Requisition ID: req35166
Job Title: Senior IT Communications Manager
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world. An integral component of this effort is ensuring users have the knowledge and resources needed to utilize our business systems effectively and stay up to date on the latest technologies and IT initiatives.
The Sr. IT Communications Officer will work closely with the Deputy Director of IT Training & Communications and other functional teams to provide global communications support for general IT initiatives. Primary responsibilities will include; lead change management campaigns for system launches and business process changes; draft global and regional IT announcements; maintain communication templates and toolkits; and manage the IT Communications Associate to provide ongoing communications and awareness on key projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background in IT, as a communications specialist/change lead, and be able to manage production of collateral materials, draft global announcements, IT newsletters, and presentations as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Lead change management campaigns for IT system launches and process improvements.
- Work closely with functional support teams; including IT Helpdesk, Project Management and Internal Communications to draft and deliver global IT announcements.
- Manage development and delivery of monthly IT newsletters, videos and MS Teams updates.
- Design and develop PowerPoint presentations, flyers and other promotional materials to educate employees on IT projects and policies.
- Manage internal IT communications toolkits, including standard templates and processes for global announcements and system outages.
- Identify and implement metrics that evaluate the impact and reach of IT communications; and recommend strategies for improving audience reach.
· Contribute to communications and awareness campaigns on IT policies and standards in partnership with Security Enhancement Program (SEP) team.
· Support maintenance and design of IT pages and content on the IRC’s intranet.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Deputy Director, IT Training & Communications
Position directly supervises: IT Communications Associate
Indirect Reporting: Security Enhancement Program Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
– Business Relationship Management team
– Information Security team
– Project Managers and Project Coordinators on the Project Management team
– Internal Communications
– Project Business Owners, business project team members
– Subject Matter Experts across other departments
– Vendors and Consultants as needed
· 6-8+ years of relevant work experience in communications, media, marketing, and knowledge/significant interest in Information Technology.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Aptitude in graphic design and production, with knowledge of Adobe Creative suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, XD).
- Experience with reporting metrics tools (e.g., Bananatag, Google Analytics).
· Ability to communicate and build effective working relationships across diverse global audience.
· Ability to function independently with limited direction.
Preferred Additional Skills
· Experience with Box and content management systems (CMS) (e.g., SharePoint or Interact).
· College degree in related field
- Standard office working environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.