At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As our team continues to expand, we are actively recruiting Corporate lawyers to join us on our growth journey. We are presently seeking a Senior Associate level lawyer with at least 6-7 years post-admission experience to join the Sydney arm of our well-regarded Corporate practice. You will work:
- On a variety of interesting matters providing strategic top tier advice on M&A and joint ventures; and
- For an employer that actively supports flexible working in a supportive and inclusive environment where you will be encouraged to be the best version of yourself – both inside and outside of work.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing corporate transactions including direct client access
- Drafting transaction documents (both international and domestic) for a mixture of M&A, joint ventures and group restructures
- Develop your career by receiving excellent mentoring from highly experienced Partners and lawyers and taking a hands-on approach to developing the juniors who will report to you
- Assisting in BD initiatives to actively promote EY Law’s services both internally and externally
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience working on private M&A transactions, joint ventures and/or and restructures
- Values based and team driven – we care about our people and want to attract those who actively contribute to a cohesive, supportive, innovative and high performing team culture
- Strong technical legal drafting skills
- Strong executive presence and the ability to build trust and credibility quickly
- A detailed understanding of sale and purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, subscription agreements, capital management documents (share buy-backs, dividends and reductions of capital) and Australia’s foreign investment laws
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience as a corporate lawyer in a top tier or boutique Australian or international law firm
- An appreciation of the international M&A
What we offer
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way. While you will be Sydney based, we offer the ability to work flexibly from any one of our EY locations if needed or desired
- Continuous learning: Personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via [email protected] or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
Regarding this role the minimum salary is $126,000 including 10.5% superannuation.
© 2022 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.