At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Global Treasury Advisory Services team is a dedicated and market-leading national practice, supported by treasury professionals in a diverse range of areas. Whether it’s for public or private business, financial services organizations, government agencies or not-for-profit organizations, we’re always ready with tailored treasury insights our clients can rely on, every time.
As a Treasury Senior Manager you’ll play a leading role in that goal, driving growth and managing delivery teams using your extensive treasury experience.
It’s a highly collaborative global network, where resources, methodologies, tools and trends are constantly updated and shared to develop simple answers to complex treasury challenges. What’s more, you’ll integrate seamlessly with other EY functions to effectively provide for our clients, so you can expect to build relationships with contacts across the business. If you’re looking for a diverse range of responsibilities with some of the most prestigious clients in multiple markets, you’ll find that here.
Your key responsibilities
As a Global Treasury Advisory Services Senior Manager, you will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will help to develop and expand long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs.
By drawing on your relationship building skills, project management, and deep treasury knowledge, you and your team will provide innovative commercial insights and solutions for clients by adapting proven industry delivery methods and best practices to meet clients’ organizational needs.
Your prospective clients will include multiple sectors and provide exposure from basic to the most sophisticated treasury operations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead external client consulting engagements for treasury services leveraging the firm’s vast pool of resources, tools and collective experience.
- Client activities may include but are not limited to:
- Strategic treasury function review,
- operating model review against best practices,
- process design and implementation,
- risk identification,
- liquidity, cash and fx management,
- hedging practices and hedge accounting,
- system and resource optimization,
- treasury related disclosures, and
- Lead business development initiatives including service offering development and roll-out, proposal development, responding to RFX’s and participating in oral presentations for prospective treasury engagements.
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business and overall local industry.
- Manage the financial and commercial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders; and
- Build strong internal relationships within our national and global treasury practice and across EY’s service lines including Advisory, Tax and Transactions.
People Management responsibilities
- Prioritize the development of people through effective coaching, constructive on-the-job feedback and mentoring
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Effectively motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Lead/contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training treasury and professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow, and lead by example as it relates to workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of related work experience.
- Professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CA, CPA
- In depth knowledge of:
- Treasury organizational structure and transformation, Financial risk management (currency, interest rate, commodity),
- Cash flow forecasting,
- Cash and liquidity management,
- Bank relationship management,
- Treasury technology,
- International treasury center,
- Debt and investment management,
- Governance, controls and regulation,
- M&A support,
- Hedge accounting
- Proven track record with a blue-chip consulting firm in the field advantageous
- Experience in leading and delivering Finance transformation program/projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support
- Leading and driving high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Knowledge and working experience on business processes including record to report, plan-to-perform, order-to-cash, and procure-to-pay an asset
- The ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Dedication to teamwork, people development and leadership, with experience in managing and/or mentoring junior staff and providing direction to team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think critically and identify creative solutions outside of the box and thrive on new challenges
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation
- A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
- A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or another relevant discipline
- Certified Treasury Professional qualification
- Consulting experience on complex projects
- System selection and implementation experience
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- The ability to develop relationships and rapidly build credibility and trust
- Demonstrated record of driving revenue within existing accounts and in developing new prospects at the “C” level of large organizations
What we look for
We’re interested in natural problem-solvers and leaders, with proven project management and engagement experience. You’ll be a strong team player who support your colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and in supporting the expansion of Treasury service offerings in Canada.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.