The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Personnel Directorate (CS-PERS) – HR Operations Department (HR OPS) – Life Cycle Division (LCD) – Recruitment and Internal Mobility Unit (REC) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Recruiter. This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Panel interviews are anticipated from October 2022.
As the largest global multilateral financial institution and one of the largest providers of climate finance, the EIB offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced customer centric Recruiter to join our team and contribute in shaping the future of talent acquisition for the Bank.
As a (Senior) Recruiter (internally referred to as (Senior) Officer Human Resources) within the Recruitment and Internal Mobility Unit (REC), you will drive the entire internal/external recruitment process for the assigned client Directorates in order to contribute to filling vacant positions in a timely and efficient way, achieving a good balance between quality of service and speed of delivery.
You will be reporting to the Head of Unit working in close collaboration with 6 recruiter colleagues and the operational assistants as well as various other counterparts in Personnel and in the Bank (such as HR counterparts, Business Line Coordination Teams etc.).
- Ensure the execution of the entire recruitment cycle, for internal and external selections, in close cooperation with Hiring Managers and other stakeholders within the Personnel Directorate and in your client Directorates (business lines). This may include proactive sourcing activities, review of job adverts, assessment and shortlisting of applications, interviewing candidates, bringing qualitative and meaningful debriefing to clients and formulating the offers to selected candidates.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of our onsite recruitment consultants in your client areas, provide advice, and act as an escalation point as necessary.
- Ensure high quality of service to internal clients, with a customer service approach, monitoring recruitment KPIs.
- Act as the main point of contact with external recruitment agencies and other service providers, such as for assessment tools, advertising etc. Manage related contracts and budget, and run or take part in calls for tender as required.
- Develop Talent Acquisition strategies for your client areas, using relevant and modern tools, and build EIB talent pools.
- Develop and participate in Employer Branding activities, raising the awareness of the Bank as an employer of choice.
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of Talent Acquisition policies, procedures and processes in close cooperation with the respective Centre of Expertise.
- Identify and support the development of plans, initiatives and tools to answer efficiently to the resources’ needs of the Bank.
- Keep up to date with best practices and latest developments in recruitment and employment markets on the European market.
- Actively participate in relevant projects or initiatives, linked with Recruitment and Talent Acquisition.
- University degree, preferably in Human Resources.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in recruitment, ideally in a large organisation.
- Good knowledge of the best practice in proactive talent identification and attraction, assessment and selection techniques, social media and the relevant European employment markets.
- Strong customer orientation and capacity to understand business needs.
- Exposure to banking/finance sector would be a plus
- Drive, initiative and results orientation.
- Sensitivity to, and knowledge of, diversity, gender balance and equal opportunity issues.
- Experience with project and change management would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Good command of French (*) would be an advantage. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team [email protected] who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 7th October 2022
To apply for this job please visit erecruitment.eib.org.