Website Norwegian People's Aid
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) was founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. Our vision is Solidarity in Action, and we aim to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. In Norway, we have around 14000 members, and in total 2500 employees working in more than 30 countries around the world. NPA’s core areas are International Development, Humanitarian Mine Action and Disarmament, First Aid and Rescue Services and International Solidarity, Anti-Racism & Inclusion. In all our interventions, we continuously work to reduce our climate- and environmental impact.
The goal of the NPA Afghanistan programme is to monitor, mentor and develop the United States Department of State (USDoS) funded CWD program in Afghanistan in close cooperation with The Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement in the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs (PM/WRA). The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) EOD will form part of the overall management team for NPA HD in Afghanistan and be involved in matters related to the operations of the programme. The STA EOD will work with the Country Director and other operational staff to further develop NPA HD Quality Management and monitoring systems in Afghanistan in line with NPA policies and strategic framework, as well as assist the Country Director with planning and development of current operations and staff capacity. The position is stationed in Kabul, and extensive travel in remote areas of Afghanistan is required.
- Interesting, challenging work environment.
- Comprehensive salary package including country specific allowances and insurance scheme
- Five weeks’ annual holiday plus one additional week off for expat
- NPA provides three international flights home per contract year
- R&R scheme
Please note that we offer one year contract with the possibility of renewal. The salary and allowances are subject to income tax according to NPA’s Tax Policy. The working conditions, including annual leave, follow the Norwegian Working Environment Act.
- Internationally certified qualifications in EOD level 3+
- Minimum 10 years of experience from humanitarian Mine Action/UXO programme, Conventional Weapons Destruction and Stockpile Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience from project planning, implementation, monitoring, follow up and reporting
- Minimum 5 years of experience from managing and/or monitoring Mine Action operations
What you will do:
- Monitor the implementation of CWD/EOD operations of all operators funded by PM/WRA
- Conduct site visits to ongoing CWD/EOD Operations and post impact assessments of completed tasks.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed and safe working practices by all members of staff within the NPA programme.
- Closely liaise, assist and support the NPA Country Director, other STAs and national staff.
- Closely liaise with operational management of PM/WRA grantees in Afghanistan and coordinate monitoring activities with the National Mine Action Authority.
- Provide technical advice and implement capacity development activities for the national authorities of Afghanistan and national staff of NPA.
- Regularly liaise with local communities in a professional and culturally sensitive manner to ensure good relations with the local population.
How to apply
Please apply by the 21th of August2022 at the latest.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. When you apply for a job in Norwegian People’s Aid, you will be treated objectively. We focus on minimizing any potential biases throughout the process, and we do not assess based on discriminating factors. You will hear from us within 1-2 weeks after the application deadline.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact recruiting manager Fabien Nicolas Glauser by e-post: [email protected]@npaid.org
We kindly ask you to carefully read NPA’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy, and Anti-Corruption Policy before you submit your application. If you are the selected candidate for this position, you will be asked to complete and sign a Safeguarding self-declaration as well as our Code of Conduct.
*Validity of the offer and contract depends on satisfactory medical certificate, full vaccination, valid travel visa and necessary permits for service and residency in the country of service. The offer and contract also depend on donor funding and might be subject to donor approval.
To apply for this job please visit npaid.org.