Come join a team of dynamic colleagues and partners who are passionate about promoting digital rights and Internet freedom! Internews’ Greater Internet Freedom (GIF) project is seeking a full-time Project Officer to support a 12-month intervention focused on building multistakeholder coalitions to counter digital rights abuses in Serbia. In this position, the Project Officer, under the supervision of the Project Director, will manage all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) components of the project, lead communications and support broader project implementation.
This position supports a local intervention which forms part of a broader global Internet freedom initiative funded by USAID. Internews launched this three-year initiative in August 2020 to enhance digital security for civil society and media organizations, to engage citizens in internet governance debates, and to advance human rights online. This project places regional and local organizations at the forefront of the fight to preserve an open, interoperable, reliable, and secure Internet. By supporting localized Internet freedom initiatives within a global, community-based Internet freedom strategy, the GIF Consortium will construct strong local and regional bulwarks against a rising wave of digital authoritarianism.
This is a remote position, based in Serbia. You must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
This 12-month position is contingent upon funding and the expected start date is July 1, 2022. This position will be hired on a rolling basis and will remain open until hire.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people . Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- In coordination with the MEL Manager, develop, manage and continually improve the local intervention’s MEL systems;
- Proactively identify obstacles to implementation of MEL systems and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Work closely with project partners to ensure project activities are effectively implemented, outcomes and outputs are gathered, and success stories shared;
- Support the creation of evaluation tools, ensuring data is collected consistently by partners/beneficiaries and analyzing the collected data;
- Ensure data is consistently collected and stored; use data collected to create visual representations of the intervention’s success and impact;
- Support the development of reports, analysis of findings, and development of clear success stories that demonstrate impact and the project’s support of USAID’s goals and initiatives;
- Lead the development of communication and outreach materials, to be used by Internews and broader project stakeholders
- Review partner reports and outputs, to ensure alignment with project goals and overall compliance;
- Provide surge support to the Senior Program Associate, specifically related to event planning, contract set-up and management, and partner management;
- Support project implementation, with an eye to measuring and communicating outcomes;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of 3 years programmatic experience, with a focus on the implementation of MEL activities and/or communications;
- Interest and excitement about learning and implementing evaluation methodologies, as well as learning about new and innovative evaluation approaches;
- Demonstrated experience working closely with subgrantees, including providing training and capacity-building;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Serbian and English language skills
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at supporting and elevating voices of people across the globe.
- Experience in working on international programs that promote human rights or Internet freedom;
- Proficiency in Airtable or similar project management software;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys;
- Experience in support communications and partner outreach.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.