Website Rio Tinto
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Role based in Richards Bay
RBM is looking for Servicepersons in the following disciplines:
About the role
We are looking for a Servicepersons, to support the maintenance team in performing preventative maintenance to achieve optimal plant availability by reducing downtime and breakdowns.
Reporting to the Maintenance Controller, you will:
- Performing general maintenance tasks on specified equipment, at the discretion of the Maintenance Controller
- Inspect lifting equipment
- Maintain, ensure and improve a healthy environment, safe operations and practices
- Ensure housekeeping is of the highest standard
- Ensuring SHEQ and Technical compliance
- Meeting maintenance quality and quantity targets on a daily / monthly basis
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum N2 with Trade Theory (Attach a valid certificate)
- Grade 12 with Pure Mathematics and Physical Science (Attach a valid certificate)
- Trade Test Certificate/ phase 2 training modules (Advantageous)
- South African Driver’s License (Attach a valid License)
- Technical exposure within heavy industry environment
Please attach ALL copies of your qualifications, failure to do so will result in your application being unsuccessful and an automatic regret of your application
Only online applications will be considered
Please note that failure to satisfy all the minimum requirements will lead to your application not being considered.
No statement of results will be considered.
Where you will be working
Owned by Rio Tinto and located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is an internationally recognized sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and is one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon.
Employing some 2 000 permanent staff and a number of well-established contracting companies, RBM is proud of the accreditation for ISO 9001 for quality, OHSAS 18001 certification for occupational health and safety management, and ISO 14001 accreditation for environmental management. The company has implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state after mining.
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company’s employment equity plan.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.