Website International Committee of the Red Cross
The Social Media Officer will help @ICRC build a greater engagement culture online and will actively nurture a responsive voice and approach to all posts, tweets, comments, DM’s, replies and more. They will do this by ensuring we are consistently listening to our online communities’ and what they are saying, and providing content, stories and information that is designed for and with them.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- You will identify and respond to engageable messages, comments, tweets and posts that tag @ICRC, are direct on our channels or via DMs, working with the relevant teams to ensure the responses are correct, and the tone and language are in a human voice.
- You will be constantly listening on social media for opportunities to jump into relevant conversations on other channels – and jump in!
- You will work with the Community and Digital Engagement (CODE) team to develop and update our Social media response database with the latest information and pre-scripted social responses on the most frequently asked questions and recurrent comments.
- You will design guidance and train colleagues on digital “customer care”, including providing support to digital officers on how to manage and respond to social conversation.
- You will help integrate what you’re hearing and seeing into how the Cross-Media and CODE teams make editorial decisions and ensure daily conversation trends are at the centre of what we post, tweet, share and more.
- You will collaborate with the Cross-Media and CODE teams to create, edit, repurpose and deliver a wide variety of channel-centric audience-first content, designed to engage different target audiences on key contexts and thematic.
- You will be part of the core team for key communication campaigns, sharing your experience in online community management and helping design campaigns that drive social conversations. You’ll naturally be the one responding to that conversation.
- You will ensure that affected people are represented with dignity in our social media landscape, and any communications are authentic to their experience.
- You will support the Community Engagement team to identify conversations on the information needs of affected people and help with the design and delivery of info-as-aid content and campaigns, including responding to people’s questions and comments online.
- You will support online fundraising campaigns by helping to deliver channel-centric content to manage, engage and build relationships with donor audiences on different social media channels, and you will dive into and respond to relevant social conversations.
- You will work with the Communication Analytics and CODE teams to produce reports on the impact of engaging in conversations online.
- You will keep across digital trends and platform changes and will make recommendations on how to improve our digital “customer care” approaches and outcomes.
- You have at least 6+years of experience in online community management and a track record of success building and nurturing engaged social communities.
- You have a solid understanding of social networks, digital content and online customer service.
- You (could) have experience in developing and managing fundraising campaigns on social media.
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- You follow social media innovations and content trends, and generally heart the internet.
- You have proven experience in quickly understanding the technical aspects of your activities and adopting the related tools (e.g. social conversation and response management tools, etc.)
- You have some experience at an International Humanitarian organization.
- YOU ARE FLUENT IN ENGLISH. BEING ABLE TO READ AND WRITE IN FRENCH IS AN ASSET.
- You’re passionate about driving and responding to social conversations.
- You get online culture. You follow trends, and have a good sense when and how to jump in.
- You’re open minded and like to think out-of-the-box.
- You’re creative and a digital-native.
- You have a strong attention to detail and love solving problems.
- You’re dynamic and proactive, able to work effectively independently.
- You’re very collaborative, while also being results-oriented.
- You’re energetic, flexible and able to adapt and evolve in a rapidly changing environment.
- You care about humanitarian causes and are dedicated to the mission of the ICRC.
- You want to continue to develop in a diverse, international environment with a truly global team.
- You like to get out of your comfort zone (where the magic happens).
- Diverse and humanitarian-minded workforce
- An opportunity to contribute to institutional efforts to protect and assist conflict victims worldwide
- Training opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
*This vacancy is open to Philippine Nationals. ICRC will not facilitate any visa in relation to this employment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit the following requirements in one PDF file to gva_msschr_recruitment_box(a)icrc.org following this format for the subject line: SURNAME First Name – Social Media Officer
- updated and comprehensive resume
- share with us a post from one of your personal social channels that represents you and your love of social media, and tell us why you shared this one; and
- pick at least one ICRC content from any channel we have i.e. FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. that performed well to your opinion. Tell us why you think the post performed well and why it is relevant to that channel.
Deadline of application: 12 June 2022
Start date: Immediately
Office Address: 32/F Petron Mega Plaza, 358 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City, Philippines
To apply for this job please visit gva_msschr_recruitment_box(a)icrc.org.