Website FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Northern Ethiopia, focusing on emergency health, nutrition, protection and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Under the supervision of the Logistic Coordinator, the position provides management and supervision in support of logistics/supply chain operations in the main office and field office. Ensures warehousing, equipment, transport, and power-related facilities are properly operated and maintained. Supports and follows procedures for inventory and fleet management and equipment operations to meet FHI 360 and applicable donor guidelines. The position supervises the warehouse, transport staff in Mekele and the Logistics Officer in the field office (Adigrat and Axum).
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator to develop the field office supply chain strategy for the main office and field office(s).
- Coordinate with the Logistics Coordinator for accurate information on the pipeline international shipments, ensuring that teams are informed and prepared for incoming goods and materials.
- Work with Procurement to engage with freight forwarding agencies, freight handling/clearance and local customs agents, to ensure that cargo is managed at all points of the supply chain and cleared appropriately.
- Perform spot checks in warehouses and transport/fleet regularly and ensure the completion of the annual physical inventory count to prevent stock discrepancy.
- Ensure inventory documentation is available and filed in electronic and hard copy and available for audit.
- Ensure all warehouse and stores follow FHI 360 Ethiopia’s standard inventory management procedures, especially with respect to pharmaceuticals and monitoring expiries.
- Inspect warehouse maintenance needs periodically.
- Closely monitor stock levels, especially of pharmaceuticals in collaboration with the warehouse officer and pharmacist for monthly usage, expiry dates, excess and possible shortages.
- In cooperation with the Program team, follow up on inventory distribution plans and ensure stocks are delivered on timely basis to the field.
- Create a system of disseminating information on field deliveries to all user departments and ensure feedback is provided upon completion of tasks.
- Communicate with the field office about the status of cargo and inform the storekeeper for preparation of storage space.
- Perform quality checks on the asset register to verify that it is properly maintained and updated; spot check documentation to confirm that the movement of assets is properly tracked.
- Ensure that all assets and capital equipment, including generators, are fully operational and well maintained and report defects.
- Ensure timely disposal of damaged and obsolete items; generate asset disposal reports.
- Ensure availability of fuel and buffer fuel stock available and replenished as per set thresholds.
- Assess the local transport market, monitor prices of transporters and advise accordingly.
- Ensure that all rented vehicles adhere to the FHI 360 fleet management procedures in terms of tools, spare parts, vehicle contents, driver requirements, etc.
- Verify that hired vehicle have legal active documents i.e., insurance, driver licenses and any other documentation including access permits to the airport are up to date.
- Analyze the advise management on required adjustments to the size of the fleet based on movement plans and actual usage of vehicles.
- Ensure the logistics reports for inventory, assets, transport reports are updated regularly; review and edit the reports as needed before they are shared with the Logistic Coordinator.
- Set objectives for logistics staff; supervise, evaluate, and facilitate available trainings for capacity building of the logistics team, including the drivers.
- Backstop the Logistics Coordinator in his/her absence to supervise supply chain activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of office/guesthouse equipment, fleet management, and electrical and power systems including generators.
- Familiarity with concepts of Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management.
- Familiarity with donor guidelines and USAID/BHA supply chain requirements.
- Strong knowledge of office and procurement standards and practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and computer software skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work well with others.
- Time management skills to deal with a myriad of tasks.
- Ability to provide guidance to other support personnel and acts as team lead, determining methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations outside Tigray (if security situation permit) and work in resource-scarce environments.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are complex in scope and require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Provides guidance to departmental areas.
- Serves as point of contact for Tigray Regional Office regarding purchasing and logistics for relocations.
- May serve as a team lead to other staff.
- Supervision requirements are limited to financial signature authority assigned by management.
- Typically reports to Logistics Coordinator.
- Associated Degree or international Equivalent in Business Administration, Construction Management or Related Field.
- Typically requires at least 5 years of clerical and administrative support experience.
- Previous experience working with a U.N. Agency or an INGO managing logistics for complex emergency activities is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a team leader/team builder role acting as a facilitator and/or trainer.
- Experience in executing national and international procurement functions in accordance with established company guidelines.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.