Website Rio Tint
- Great opportunity to work for a global mining company
- Be a part of a fun and innovative team that is driven by a passion for the animals and land that we are responsible for.
- This position offers great work life balance
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking Currently searching for experienced stations hands who are available immediately. We are looking for applicants who will be able to commit long term (1 year +). We are a breeding and fattening property and primarily running Droughtmasters. The role will involve travel between our other stations, offering applicants the chance to work within our different teams and on different properties.
We are a fun and innovative team that is driven by a passion for the animals and land that we are responsible for and we strive for a positive work-life balance. There will be plenty of opportunities to attend social events, rodeos/campdrafts/races etc.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Mustering (Motorbikes, buggies and horses)
- Yardwork, drafting and processing livestock
- Feeding and monitoring livestock
- Bore Runs (Checking and repairing water points)
- Fencing and yard building
- Machinery operation
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role, we require:
- Healthy and fit – Must be able to pass a medical clearance, including drug and alcohol screening
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Must be able to ride a motorbike competently
- Respectful to others and friendly nature
- Punctual, clean and observant
- Ability and willingness to live in a remote area and communal environment
- Long term goals in cattle and/or agricultural industry
- 4WD Experience
- Legally able to work in Australia
- Current full car license (Truck, machinery and motorbike license all advantageous)
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Pastoral industry education and training modules for operations, animal nutrition and grazing strategies
- Accommodation – private room with ensuite
- All food and board will be provided
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Generous leave provisions for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Located an hour from the towns of Paraburdoo and Tom Price. There is mobile coverage at the homestead and the station is within driving distance of Karijini National Park, Millstream National Park, Ningaloo Reef and the Dampier Archipelago.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different. Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.