Website FHI 360
Job Title: Strategic Information (SI) Specialist
Responsible to: Program Director, EpiC COVID-19
Technically Responsible for: M&E Officer, EpiC COVID-19
Country Representative; Program Managers, EpiC COVID-19; Program Officers, EpiC COVID-19; Administrative Officer; Grants Manager; Lab Specialist
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 implements the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project, a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). EpiC receives COVID-19 funding to prevent, prepare for, respond to and bolster health systems to address COVID-19 and reduce cases of re-emergence. Currently, EpiC and its consortium members implement COVID-19 activities in more than 60 countries across the world including Papua New Guinea (PNG).
We are currently seeking qualified candidate for the position of: Strategic Information Specialist.
The Strategic Information (SI) Specialist is responsible for leading and managing EpiC Project SI activities in support of data-driven programming. S/he will work with project staff and project partners to provide technical assistance (TA) on data collection methods; data quality assurance; data analysis and monitoring, learning and adapting in a systematic and effective manner. The SI Specialist will implement the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan and develop tools and processes for routinely capturing project data on a monthly basis, both internally and with partners. S/he will also be responsible for leading and coordinating for data analysis, visualization, use for program improvement, as well as documentation and dissemination of good practice and success stories for replication and scaling up by other stakeholders in Papua New Guinea.
Project Data Collection, Data Quality Assurance and Data Visualization
• Oversee implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan and develop tools and systems for the systematic collection of high-quality data from project partners.
• Submit and provide data on project indicators on a monthly basis into the EpiC M&E database.
• Conduct data quality assurance (DQA) activities and ensure data management and verification procedures meets FHI 360 and USAID standards.
• Prepare data visualization and analysis with project data as needed for weekly, monthly, annual reports in a timely manner.
• Provide capacity building for project partners on data collection and analyzing related topics.
• Support communication to EpiC leadership and partners on project indicators, progress against targets, and results.
• Prepare recommendations based on program data for further monitoring and evaluation, as well as timely communication of ongoing issues among involved personnel.
• Represent the EpiC PNG program on relevant SI or M&E committees, technical advisory or technical working groups
Disease Surveillance, Laboratory Information Systems and COVID-19 Vaccine Data Management
• Support project partners to strengthen COVID-19 disease surveillance systems
• Work closely with the Central Public Health Laboratory to strengthen lab information systems including supporting the data collection and data analysis related to a National Diagnostic Network Optimization (DNO) study
• Provide technical assistance and support to project partners in the design and development of data management systems for COVID-19 vaccination services
• Support the analysis and use of data from routine information systems and special surveys to influence the design and scope of the project.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, statistics, data analysis, data quality check and reporting, international development, public health policy, or a related field, masters preferred. • A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in data management and M&E.
• Proven quantitative and qualitative data analysis, visualization, and interpretation skills.
• Advanced MS Excel and data visualization skills, Power BI preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow, being responsive to partners and donors, and troubleshooting issues.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
• Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project partners, staff, sub-partners, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
• Experience with USAID projects preferred.
• Experience in a Non-Government Organization is an added advantage.
• Strong English language writing and oral communication skills.
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Country Office – Papua New Guinea, Port Moresby
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.