Website Rio Tinto
Superintendent Signals Inland
Superintendent Signals – Tom Price
- Global leader in Rail Network Maintenance
- FIFO from Perth or residential in Tom Price
- Permanent opportunity with Rio Tinto
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Rail Network Maintenance, we are seeking a well experienced Superintendent Signals to be part of Rio Tinto’s Rail Network Maintenance team. This role can be offered in a FIFO capacity from Perth or alternatively can also be offered as a residential role in Tom Price.
The Superintendent Signals role provides direction & leadership to the signals team, whose purpose is to safely maintain reliable signalling assets in order to sustain track capacity. This is provided by signalling, communications equipment & obstruction support. They ensure rapid breakdown response, shut support and maintenance to signal systems across the network. This leader directly impacts asset health by sustaining track compacity by increasing wayside asset reliability.
What the role entails
Key duties include but not limited to:
- Leadership of a high performing team, critical to the success of Rail operations
- Manage costs within budget including opex & capex by providing mid & EOM forecasts
- Drive continuous improvement through 90 Day Plans
- Drive a culture of positive change
- Execute foundations team leadership work (recruitment, time and attendance management, performance review, KPI setting, development / succession planning, training and coaching)
- Partake in signal upgrade projects execution
- Provide technical support to the technician teams & escalate improvements to Engineering wherever required
- Drive a reduction in Unscheduled Loss (UL) events
- Drive attention & lead investigation on UL events over 300 minutes
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure scheduled / unscheduled work is completed
- Develop, monitor & manage relationships with key partners / vendors
- Manage contractor performance in line with the Contractor Management Framework, scope and terms
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A degree / qualification in a related field such as signalling or electrical engineering
- Experience within a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams comprised of technical personnel
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with external vendors
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to engage with senior leaders
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
We operate 200 locomotives on more than 1,700 kilometres of track in the Pilbara, transporting ore from 16 mines to four port terminals. The average return distance of these trains is about 800 kilometres with the average journey cycle, including loading and dumping, taking approximately 40 hours.
Our network is the largest privately owned and operated heavy haul rail system in Australia, and as we focus on the future, our vision is to become the greatest heavy haul railway in the world.
What’s on Offer
- Diverse role with planning and multi-disciplined engineering responsibilities
- Engineering exposure to the world’s first autonomous heavy haul railway
- Discounted Health cover scheme for you and immediate family
- Extensive salary sacrifice and packaging options
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.riotinto.com.