Website Partners In Health (PIH)
Position Overview and General Responsibilities:
The TB/HIV general practitioner will be assigned to the DR TB Ward in JJD memorial Hospital .She/he will be responsible to review the status of the TB patients hospitalized in the TB ward and the TB out patient care .She/he will also be providing support to the HIV clinic and the inpatient care in the medical ward.
- Reviewing patients’ charts and conditions in the JJD TB Ward
- Conducting morning rounds 2 times a week with the TB team at the JJD TB ward
- Conducting general patients review once a week in the JJD TB ward
- Organizing monthly educational meeting for continuous education and professional development for the staff in the TB Ward
- Participating in the weekly TB call with the Monrovia team
- Encouraging and participating in Quality improvement projects for the Care system in the TB ward
- Providing follow up consultation once a week for HIV patient.
- Providing night shift call twice a week in the JJD medical Ward
- Providing follow up consultation once a week for HIV patients at PHC.
- Participating as much as possible in the JJD morning rounds after his /her night shift call
- Participating or supporting any other activity related to TB/HIV care in JJD and in Maryland county
- Participating in outreach activities in a quarterly basis.
- Participating in all continuous medical education and professional development activities at JJD
- Organizing or participating in monthly meeting with the community department to discuss issues regarding the community aspect of TB/HIV care in Maryland.
- Strong basic skills in history taking and physical examination
- Good clinical judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Liberian Medical Doctor degree
- Any Experience in TB/HIV care is a plus
- Willingness to work and live in a rural setting in Liberia.
- Professional fluency in English required.
- Basic Knowledge’s in Quality improvement, research and core competencies in informatics.
Commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment:
At Partners in Health, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Partner in Health’s PSEAH policy. Partner in Health will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.