Base Pay: £25,000
Company Bonus: Annual 0-10%+ (Based on company performance)
Share Options: £10,000
At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper.
One in five households in the UK live in social housing, a sector with the right values at its core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. Many residents still can’t afford to heat their homes and live in cold, mouldy properties they can’t be proud of.
We believe that radical innovation in internet-connected technology can ensure that every resident, every day, is living in a home that allows them to succeed. That’s why our products are built not just on great technology, but on an understanding of what people want from the space they live in.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane household object, a thermostat, into a product that automatically reduces energy bills, looks great and offers control to those who want it. We are also revolutionising the way social landlords manage their housing stock with an obsessively tailored SAAS property dashboard and handy alerts on things like when the boiler is going to break.
Our next project is to build the ultimate connected hub for the social home. It’s going to revolutionise the way residents interact with their homes and landlords manage their properties.
We may be only 7 years old, but it’s already been quite a ride. Our first product, the connected Switchee thermostat is already in 100 of the UK’s biggest housing providers.
We’re growing 100% year on year and are backed by some of the best-known investors in technology and social impact. We are a small team of 45 passionate and ambitious people driven by a collective desire to make a positive impact in the housing sector, both for residents and landlords.
We are looking for a motivated individual to be an essential part of our team, supporting the beating “heart” of the business and our new customers.
As Technical Support Representative you will be responsible for delivering a wide range of remote and in-field technical support including logistical, technical and relationship management activities. The role combines core operational skills with data analytics, stakeholder management and an ability to solve new and complex operational problems.
A detail-oriented, continuous improver mindset is a must with good problem-solving skills. You will play an integral part in the delivery of excellent Technical Support to our large social housing client installation teams, various other project stakeholders and the communities they house. You will work as part of the technical support team to support roll-outs and resolve technical queries for installers, residents and clients alike.
The work will entail close collaboration with other operations functions as well as our Sales, Customer Success and Development Teams. It is a time of high growth for Switchee and you will play an important role in supporting the company in designing and building our future Operations capability.
- Provide timely and technically conclusive first line installer support utilising customer service skills and a solutions oriented attitude. Understand that blockers may be cultural/behavioural as well as technical and thrive in finding solutions to these.
- Willingness to see a problem through from start to finish and go the extra mile to resolve technical issues.
- Good attention to detail with a willingness to accomplish tasks with due consideration given to all areas involved including monitoring and checking information provided and efficiently organising your own time.
- Build strong relationships with our installation partners across the UK to upskill and support them on all things Switchee/IoT and collect valuable industry knowledge to inform our future product development.
- Support our Business Development and Customer Success Teams to provide excellent Key Account support. Working professionally, efficiently and promptly within the constraints of a complex operational environment to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Help to build and grow our qualified network of Switchee Installers.
- Ownership of various continuous improvement initiatives to objectively improve the quality of our customer service.
- You may also be required to assist the Customer Operations team in first & second line resident support
- We are a company built on a strong technical foundation. You’ll need to grasp and effectively manage a range of data sets, technology platforms and organisational complexity. Most importantly you will need initiative and drive.
Who You Are
These are ideal but not required as we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Switchee:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build relationships with others.
- Ability to develop and implement effective solutions to operational problems.
- Proven track record in working as part of an effective team.
- Experience working in operations or a similar commercial field.
- High attention to detail and a love of continuous learning and development.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities to meet demanding client deadlines.
- Working with and managing a large variety of stakeholders.
- Fluency with complex problems, large data sets and an ability to analyse them to drive operational improvements.
- Able to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences
- Willingness to travel 1-2 days per week for site visits
- Domestic or commercial Heating system/electronics experience or knowledge
- Previous experience in a technical support role
- Previous experience in a Customer facing role
- Unlimited holiday policy + Bank Holidays so you can take as much as you want! No need to count those Winter break days anymore!
- Everyone at Switchee enjoys flexible working hours and is the master of their own routine.
- We have a remote-first Hybrid Working Model, with offices in Somerset House (Embankment).
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment to work from home in a safe and enjoyable manner.
- We socialise together with regular outings in London, Quarterly Company Off-sites and an annual “working remotely” trip where you have the option (but no obligation) to join us in working from a fun location.
- We are hosting regular Virtual Socials and keep finding creative ways of staying connected with each other.
- We provide an L&D budget and access to our Switchee Library, where you can request new books monthly.
- We provide access to ThanksBen – a platform with plentiful discounts and free virtual wellbeing sessions.
- We offer Spill, a Mental Health app at your fingertips, where you can get in touch with a therapist in record time.