The Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity provides USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services related to the MEL of USAID/Colombia projects and activities. To support this purpose, Panagora Group and its subcontractor Management Systems International (MSI) will provide technical advisory MEL services to the USAID/Colombia Mission. These include monitoring support services, performance and impact evaluations, studies and assessments. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission. The MEL activity is conducting a mid-term performance evaluation of the Youth Resilience Activity (YRA). This mid-term performance evaluation aims to gather evidence about mid-term results and process-level lessons of a selection of key components of the YRA. In addition, this evaluation should shed light on how YRA’s theory of change applied the Positive Youth Development approach and whether the processes and intermediate results provide evidence of good practices that can inform other USAID activities/interventions.
**Please note: Only Colombian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Thematic Expert in Economic Empowerment and Community Development will support the evaluation design, implementation, and reporting activities for the evaluation. The Expert will ensure that sector considerations are adequately integrated in the design, instruments, data collection, analysis and reporting of the evaluation deliverables. The Expert will work closely with the evaluation team and will receive support from the MEL activity leads. The period of performance of this assignment will be from/about September 12, 2022, and to about October 31, 2023, with a part-time dedication of up to 90 days.
- Support the evaluation design, the theory of change analysis, and the construction of indicators based on the evaluation questions.
- Review primary and secondary sources of information related to the labor market, entrepreneurship, employment, and community development at the subnational level.
- Oversee the quality of quantitative and qualitative data collection in thematic issues.
- Guide the thematic issues in the design of the quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments and the relevance of the data collection on labor market, entrepreneurship, employment, and community development at the subnational level.
- Participate in the qualitative instruments’ coding process and provide a thematic review of the process in the codebook production.
- Contribute to the evaluation of qualitative, quantitative, and secondary information related to the labor market, entrepreneurship, employment, and community development at the subnational level.
- Support the Team Leader in preparing reports and presentations for USAID and the Implementing Partner.
- Implement the instruments the qualitative data collection on the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in in economics, social sciences, development, social work, management, public policy, or another relevant field required.
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience required.
- Master’s degree in in economics, social sciences, development, social work, management, public policy, or another relevant field preferred.
- Experience in labor market dynamics, entrepreneurship, employment, and community development issues, mainly around youth and vulnerable communities preferred.
- Knowledge of secondary or administrative data on entrepreneurship, employment, and community development at the subnational level preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver a quality analysis, tables, and written products required.
- Experience with USAID evaluations is preferred but not required.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of written and spoken English required.
- Ability to conduct interviews and focus groups in Spanish preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.