Website Silondwa Engineering Limited
Truck Driver/Operator – Earth Moving Equipment
To drive a truck and operate controls of an earth moving equipment for the purpose of transporting earth and other materials in a safe and timely manner.
• Receives work instructions and proceeds to conduct physical checks as well as pre-start procedures on the assigned truck or earth moving equipment.
• Operates all heavy equipment like front-end loaders, and other related equipment
• Drives and controls front-end loader in the right direction and angles in order to perform road work, excavation work, lifting work, etc.
• Drives a vehicle to designated destinations for material deliveries within the stipulated deadlines.
• Performs periodical safety and maintenance or servicing checks
• Maintains proper coordination and cooperation with the road and transport system while driving/working
• Maintains driving log, prepares vehicle performance forms, completes daily paperwork and notifies superiors about any major repairs and maintenances.
• Reports any accidents or damages/injuries for Supervisor’s immediate interventions.
• Performs other duties, as and when assigned in order to support operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Grade 12 School Certificate
• Heavy equipment operating licence/permit
• Driving licence class CE.
• Minimum 2 years work experience in mining haulage/relevant field
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
Applications accompanied with CVs, copies of certificates and verifiable references should be addressed not later than 6th May 2022 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Silondwa Engineering Limited
Email: [email protected] /[email protected] /[email protected]
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].