Website Forlan Logistics Limited
Truck/Heavy Duty Mechanic
Forlan Logistics Limited is a dynamic and progressive company looking to fill the position of Truck/Heavy Duty Mechanic on a full time basis. As a successful hire, you will be tasked with the following.
• Detecting truck issues.
• Servicing trucks, including checking oil, wheel alignment and testing the battery.
• Ensuring road worthiness and undertaking preventative maintenance.
• Dismantling engines and checking parts.
• Diagnosing parts issues with the aid of a computer.
• Machining and hand fitting replacement parts and doing light body repair.
• Diagnosing and repairing hydraulics systems.
• Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions
• Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions
• Inspect engines and other machinery to determine repairs to complete, creating detailed reports to facilitate work scheduling
• Test trucks to ensure they are in perfectly safe condition to return to customers
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Minimum 7 years previous experience as a Truck/Heavy duty/diesel mechanic
• Technical certification or degree in Automotive Mechanics
• Must be able to lift heavy equipment and parts regularly
• Must be comfortable with working in awkward positions or cramped spaces preferred
• Experience working with diagnostic computers
• Skills and Competencies
• Excellent customer service skills
• Critical thinking, analysis and evaluation abilities
• Good Communication Skills
• Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Send your applications with detailed curriculum vitae and qualifications to [email protected] and [email protected].Only those who meet the criteria to apply.
Deadline for receipt of Applications is 09th May 2022 by 17:00hrs
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected].