Website International Rescue Committee - IRC
MAJOR/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
• Reports to EH/WASH Assistance Coordinator,
• In collaboration with other team members, the WASH and Construction officer undertakes detail need assessments.
• Identify water supply systems to rehabilitate and maintain.
• Prepare design & detail bills of quantities, budget estimates in response to emerging emergencies throughout the intervention area and forward to supervisor for review.
• Prepares detail WASH, education and protection sector physical construction & financial implementation plan for emerging emergency responses.
• Plan and monitor labor required towards implementation of emergency response interventions and ensure the proper implementation of the same as per set norms and standards.
• Monitor the progress and implementation of small, contracted construction intervention as per the contract policy.
• Prepare detail specification for construction and items to be procured and ensure its procurements are as per set specifications.
• Identify and establish water trucking and water treatment sites.
• Monitor water trucking operations and water treatment systems.
• Works closely with, Zone/Woreda Water, education and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the response.
• Works in collaboration with IRC Hygiene Promotion, education and protection team to ensure the construction site and implementation as per the client need and safely access
• Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor and EH/WASH Assistance Coordinator.
• Prepare brief project related monthly updates and submit to the supervisor and copy to the supervisor and copy to education and protection sector lead.
• Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
• BSc Degree or MSc Degree in civil engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or Water Resources Engineering from a recognized University
• At least 2 years of experience for first degree holder and 1 year experience for Post graduate holder with Water Supply and Sanitation design and supervision activities and civil construction design and implementation.
• Demonstrated practical experience in construction/rehabilitation of rural water supply systems especially in spring development, plumbing, construction/repair of hand dug wells, installation/repair of hand pumps is a must.
• Experience on managing the construction and maintenance of large-scale motorized schemes specifically deep boreholes has added value.
• Demonstrated experience in managing labor and material at construction site.
• Knowledge of SPHERE standard and Project Cycle management is an asset.
• Experience of engineering software’s like AutoCAD and basic computer skill has value.
• Flexible and committed to work under pressure.
• Having a demonstrated experience to work with government partners and structures is essential.
• Demonstrated experience in supervising construction works specially water supply schemes is an asset.
• Experience in NGO will be an asset.
Work Hours: 8 12:00:00 AM 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Internal Career Site
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
• Name of the position you have applied for
• Date of application
• Summary of your qualifications and experience
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.