Save the Children
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2022
Within Ethiopia , Afar , Horn of Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: (WASH Coordinator)
Technical and Management:
• Lead on WASH technical assessments in coordination with other Save the Children thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
• Provide inputs to the development of concept notes, proposals, WASH strategy, details implementation plans and master budgets;
• Identify priorities and technically assist on assessments, designing and overseeing KAP and other surveys
• Identify key gaps in WASH facilities and minimum standards in the WASH interventions by providing technical checking of WASH engineering and hygiene promotion aspects of the programme and proactively promote high quality WASH technical approaches for the response;
• Design and run water supply, sanitation and hygiene interventions as per national and SPHERE standards etc.
• Prepare and oversee WASH programme implementation to ensure timely delivery of programme activities.
• Develop program management/implementation tools for WASH programs in communities, schools and health facilities.
• Working closely with the HR team, identify staffing needs (national) for WASH officers, and ensure timely recruitment and induction of new staff.
• Work closely with the Logistics and Finance teams, to identify WASH programme supplies needs and coordinate to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan, budget and supply chain
• Coordinate with other partners and other relevant authorities and administration to ensure coordinated implementation;
• Participate in WASH Sector Coordination meetings, sharing information from Save the Children programmes
• Coordinate with other sectors (Nutrition, Child Protection, Education, Food security and Livelihoods etc.) to ensure integration in program
• Work closely with the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) team put in place a sector MEAL plan, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work.
• Identify learning needs of WASH team and mentor team
• Develop capacity building plan for WASH team and implement it in coordination with HR and line manager.
• Maintain growth of team through appropriate measures e.g. create learning and sharing environment, on-the job training
• Coordinate with community mobilization team and other sectors for capacity building of community-based organization/groups and volunteers involved in WASH program.
Representation & Advocacy & Organizational Learning:
• Take steps to document lessons learned, from WASH programmes, for wider dissemination.
• In collaboration with senior programme staff, assist in advocacy activities that target decision-makers at all levels.
• Attend relevant meetings and represent SCI.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Any other tasks assigned by line manager to achieve the objectives of position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Academic Qualification: B.Sc in water related engineering disciplines or B.A in public health and other social science disciplines with 3-5 years of experience preferably in NGO settings;
Required Skills and Experience :
• Hands on experience on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs coordination and implementation;
• Fluency in written and spoken English; local language skill an advantage
• Proven working experience with communities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team
• Experience working with rural communities in development and/or emergency context;
• Computer literate (MS Office) and proficiency on engineering software (Auto CAD) an asset
• Strong report writing skill;
• Thorough understanding of project cycle;
• Good understanding of budget monitoring;
• Facilitation and communication skills;
• Willingness to provide technical support to other programs in the field office in the area
• of constructions;
• Willingness to work and travel to rural operational areas;
• Knowledge of Save the Children’s practices and procedures and ways of working with children;
• Commitment to Save the Children values;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Please click HERE to apply
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.