Remote (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
Wikoff Transliteration Project | Transcriber
Transliterate words in the Ge’ez script into Latin script, and Gurmukhi script into Shahmukhi.
In this task, we expect to have Amharic and Punjabi words (in Ge’ez and Gurmukhi script) transliterated into Latin and Shahmukhi script respectively.
- Flexible hours
- Must be a native speaker of the following languages:
|Panjabi||India or Pakistan|
- Fluent in English to understand guidelines
- Able to read in Ge’ez and Gurmukhi, and to write in Latin and Shahmukhi scripts.
- Familiarity with the concept of transliteration.
- Availability of 15-20 hours per week for at least 3-5 weeks.
- A background in linguistics will be highly regarded.
- Previous translation/transliteration experience is preferred.
If you’re interested, please apply now as we only need a small pool of candidates per language!