Action Against Hunger – USA Tanzania Mission
Title: Logistics Officer
Contract duration 12 month renewable
Starting date May 2023
Direct line manager Country Director
Technical supervisor Regional Logistics Advisor
Oversees the provision of integrated range of services in logistics in an effective service platform for Tanzania Country office and provide professional advice in the subject areas.
Oversee quality service delivery against needs, anticipate delivery challenges to ensure service continuity and communicate to stakeholders to ensure programme objectives are achieved.
Ensure the management of stakeholder relationships and assess effectiveness of business/programme, systems and procedures ensuring quality and consistency.
Country Office Logistics Management
The Logistics Officer will work in accordance with the Logistics procedures and guidelines defined in the Kit log V3:5
Activity 1: Supply chain management
- To ensure that the order follow-up is filled and dispatched to the different departments
- To consolidate the monthly mission orders and submit by 5th of the following month
- To ensure procurements (quality/price/procedures) for the Country Office
- To supervise the stock management (storage conditions, stock reports, stock control measures, expiry dates e.t.c.)
- To monitor the deliveries to the departments/program
Activity 2: Equipment, Inventory and fleet management
- To supervise the allocation and the use of the equipment and maintain asset register; the installation, maintenance and repairing of the equipment and the country office’s equipment list is filled and updated.
- To supervise the use and the maintenance of the mission generators including fuel consumption, regular service and reporting.
- To supervise Action Against Hunger vehicle fleet planning:
- Verify the maintenance planning of the fleet
- Verify the weekly schedules as per program and support plans,
- Verify the motor cost follow-up – Ensure administrative checking (Insurances, documentation…)
- Ensure refuel of the cars in collaboration with the drivers
- Prepare and update fuel reports for cars and generators using Action Against Hunger’s standard formats
- Follow up fleet maintenance and ensure all services are done on time and keep copies of invoices in the vehicle file
- Update fuel card reports, fuel stock reports Follow up on costs and prepare the monthly motor cost and forward it to the Finance Administrator and Logistics Advisor by 5th of every month.
- Ensure all vehicles have the minimum standard tools and first aid kits
- Verify that logbooks are filled in appropriately by drivers
- Ensure that all vehicles are fitted with the proper spare parts and for minor services that we have the spare parts in stock
- Receive the material to be handed over and make sign the temporary allocation form for reception and clearance
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repair of the equipment
Activity 3: Rehabilitation and maintenance
- To monitor the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of all the structures.
- To represent Action Against Hunger for non-technical aspects on the country office related to logistics
Activity 5: Management of Mission Security
- In charge of the information collection and context analysis in collaboration Security Advisor
- To elaborate and submit the mission security plan to Security Advisor for review and approval
- To follow-up the implementation of the security rules and procedures in the country office
Activity 6: Storage and transport management
- Responsible for the correct physical stock management (ensure proper storage conditions such as cleanliness, ventilation…report expiry dates…)
- Follow-up with special attention expiry date of drugs & food, and warn the concerned department two months before expiry date
- Ensures that stock management follows kit log 3.5, and mainly that stock release orders, stock cards, stock follow up (SFU) and other documents and/or tools are used and are systematically up to date.
- Arrange deliveries to the departments/missions/program according to their needs
- Ensure proper identification of all arrival/departure material (quantity, quality, and delivery).
- Prepare all cargo and shipping documents (delivery Note, packing list etc.) to be transported to the field and collect the documentation signed for reception from the field
- Prepare and submit the monthly stock report by 5th of each month for to the Logistic Technical Advisor.
- Follow up weekly stocks and share and up to date stock report to all mission managers on weekly basis.
Internal & External relationship
Technical Coordinator: Logistics Advisor: technical reporting exchange of information and collaboration on
Heads of Departments: exchange of information and collaboration on recruitment, training and, if need be, on team management problems
Others Programme Managers: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach)
Local governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
Local medical authorities: exchange of information, coordination, influence on choice of technical options
Local representatives of international aid organisations: exchange of information
Reporting responsibilities: Logistic Monthly Reports
Min. BSc degree in Business Administration, Procurement and supply, Logistic or related studies
Basic knowledge of and interpretation of the Tanzanian Procurement, labour, taxation laws
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Problem Solver.
- Compatibility for both independent and team work.
- Persuasive and confident communicator, able to deal with senior colleagues throughout the organisation.
- Persistence and assertiveness combined with tact and diplomacy
- 3 -5 years’ experience in similar position
- Demonstrated flexibility and or adaptability.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Good management and representation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment
- Good knowledge of IT applications including accounting software. Knowledge of SAGA will be an added advantage.
- Working experience in international humanitarian organization is desirable
- Ability to work in a remote/basic environment with limitations in terms of movement, etc.
- Registration with procurement professional bodies.
How to Apply:
Applicants to send their applications through email address: [email protected] and the dead line is 16th March 2023.