Apply By: 10-03-2023
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) addresses gender equality and women’s empowerment challenges in the Asia-Pacific region, including deeply embedded discriminatory social norms and practices that perpetuate inequalities based on gender and other intersectional identities (e.g. ethnicity, class, region, age, disability, migratory status, and sexual orientation and gender identity, among others). The Regional Office works across the following areas: Governance and Inter-governmental support (including on Gender Statistics); Women’s Economic Empowerment (including Migration, Ending Violence Against Women; Women, Peace and Security; Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian Action. Covering 42 countries within Asia and the Pacific, it exercises its triple mandate and functions i.e. Normative, Coordination and high-quality programming at a regional level and in support of UN Women’s offices and UN Country Teams in 24 countries across the region. The UN Women Asia Pacific Regional Office also oversees and manages programming in programme presences.
Reporting to the Programme Specialist/Head of Monitoring and Reporting, the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst will provide support to the Regional office (RO)/Country Office (CO)/ Project Office (PO) colleagues in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation as well tracking against Strategic Plan targets and the reporting of results to internal and external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute substantively to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan and support RO management’s oversight
- Compile a monitoring plan for the RO’s Strategic Note/Annual Work Plan. Review input from RO units and provide technical assistance where needed. Similarly, provide quality assurance support for POs’ monitoring plans for Strategic Note/Annual Work Plan if needed.
- Assist in reviewing draft result frameworks of Country Strategic Notes/Work Plans.
- Provide technical support for RO units and CO/POs in monitoring.
- Support convening periodic Outcome Group meetings and conducting a RO’s Mid-Year Management Review in June.
- Collect data for the indicators that M&R team is responsible for for annual reporting.
- Support for portfolio reviews (if it happens). Lead to validate the information provided by project teams. Play a key role in aggregating the results of peer review at the regional level and make an analysis.
- Monitor listed actions of management responses (MRs) are actioned before deadlines through GATE system and make necessary follow-ups, where requested. (Those MRs of the evaluations the RO management is responsible for, ie non-project specific).
Facilitate and substantively contribute to reporting to internal and external audience as well as support donor agreement management
- Review selected quarterly reports and make technical feedback for CO/POs re quality.
- Support annual reporting exercise of the RO and QA for CO/POs’ reports. Assist HQ’s data validation to enhance accuracy of country data, liaising with CO/POs.
- Prepare offline reminders for donor reports to project managers. Collect draft donor report packages in time and conduct “preliminary check” and liaise with donor report reviewers.
- Take data from Donor Agreement Management System (DAMS) and make an analysis on timely submissions and put together a report for the region (2-3 times a year).
- Review uploaded donor reports in DAMS and approve them as Approver 1.
- Support capacity building/information sessions/refreshers as requested.
Contribute to knowledge management and QA
- Compile programmatic lessons learnt for dissemination to UN Women staff
- Support reviews of SN/AWPs of COs including MERPs, new pro docs and partner selections when requested to improve quality of the documents.
- Attend Regional and Local Project Appraisal Committee when requested.
- Review draft donor agreements/MOUs/amendments in the absence of the staff in charge of it.
- Review entry of donor agreements in DAMS and approve them as Approver 1 in the absence of the staff in charge of it.
- Prepare talking points, PPT slides and other materials as requested.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality technical support to the RO programme teams and country offices in line with work plan
- Quality and timely guidance in the development and review of plans and systems for tracking/monitoring
- Timely submission of quality and accurate reports
- Quality support to monitoring and reporting.
- List of NGOs in Tanzania – Registered NGOs in Tanzania
- North-West University (NWU) Entry Requirements
- Regional Programme Coordinator
- Food and agriculture systems in Pakistan
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Columbia College Areas of Study
- Teachers Payslip Login
- The Top 10 Health Insurance Plans in the United Kingdom 2022
- Login My Account 2022 | Facebook, Gmail, Internet, .Org…
- VETA Tanzania courses Offered 2022 | www.veta.go.tz 2022
You must be logged in to post a comment.