Position: Procurement Manager
Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Division: International Development (IDD)
Contract: PMI Vector Link Project
- Exploration Geologist at Shanta Mining Company Limited
- Academic Outreach Coordinator at Santa Maria Institute of Health and Allied Sciences
- Startupper Challenge of the year by TotalEnergies
- CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVE (2 POSTS) at Precision Air Services Plc
Supervisor Country Finance & Admin Manager
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 24 African countries including Columbia and Cambodia where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Admin Manager, the Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement function of the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performs local procurements of goods and services, in coordination with the project’s Operations Manager, following all relevant USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures, including:
- Define the commodity specifications in coordination with the operations and entomology teams
- Prepare and conduct local tenders,
- Maintain of a registry of local and regional vendors.
- Organize the receipt and assessment of quotations, and the selection of preferred bids,
- Develop and maintain a tool to track purchase orders and outstanding vendor payments.
- Quality control and receipt of delivered goods, and the processing of customs clearance and tax waivers, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least nine (9) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the procurement of commodities.
- Experience at USAID-funded development programs, and thorough knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs) is required.
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- English language fluency.