United Nations Capital Development Fund
Last date: Thursday, April 7, 2022
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is looking for partners to implement a e-Know Your Customer (KYC) diagnostic in Malawi.
The primary objective of the country diagnostic is to understand the current situation in Malawi and to provide recommendations in regard to a potential implementation of the e-KYC solution.
The diagnostic will also inform the drafting of the inclusive digital transformation framework for e-KYC.
The firm can use any analysis framework/toolkit, such as those from Good ID, World Bank’s ID4D and ITU, or a combination thereof, as long as they cover at least the following elements:
- Policy, Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Enabling Infrastructure and Stakeholders
- Trust Framework, Governance Structure and Business Model
- Inclusive digital transformation framework for e-KYC
- UNCDF plans to invest up to a total of USD 50,000 in grant funding.
- Project is expected to have a 3-months duration. Activities are expected to be terminated no later than August 2022.
- Detailed Workplan and team composition
e-KYC Diagnostic Report
- Draft diagnostic report
- Final diagnostic report
- Presentation with main findings and recommendations
Inclusive digital transformation framework for e-KYC
- Draft E-KYC framework report
- Final E-KYC framework report
- The applicant must be a registered entity and able to perform the required tasks in Malawi.
- The applicant must have at least one year of operations.
Country of operation
- The applicant can be legally based anywhere globally. If not based in Malawi, it may be required to travel to Malawi for in-country consultations, meetings, data collection, report writing and draft presentations. Any foreseen travel must be budgeted in the overall proposal.