Call for Application
Applications are hereby invited from qualified Tanzanians to apply for undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered by the Government of the Republic of Mauritius for the 2021/2022 academic year.[wbcr_html_snippet id=”1252″ title=”In- Article Ads”]
A. Undergraduate programmes
- Not be more than 26 years old and not less than 18 years old;
- Have a minimum of five (5) credits for Diploma programmes); OR
- Have an Advanced Certificate for Secondary Education or equivalent.
B. Masters Degree Programmes
- Be below 35 years old; and
- Have at least an upper second class undergraduate degree.
C. PhD Programmes
- Be below 40 years old; and
- Have a first class undergraduate degree from a recognised University or a Master of Philosophy (M.Phil. degree) and meet the requirements of the awarding body.[wbcr_html_snippet id=”1252″ title=”In- Article Ads”]
D. MPhil/ PhD Programmes
- Have an undergraduate degree with at least an upper second class (or CPA/GPA greater than 60%) and preferably with a Master degree.
- Documents required
- (i) A completed application form;
- (ii) Certified copy of birth certificate;
- (iii) Certified copy of biodata page of passport (if available);
- (iv) Certified copies of relevant educational certificates and transcripts along with a certified translation if they are in a language other than English or French;
- (v) Copy of conditional offer (letter of admission) by a public Higher Education Institution (HEI) in Mauritius;
- (vi) A report of medical examination issued by an official medical body;
- (vii) A detailed research plan of about 750 words for Masters and 1500 words for PhD; and
- (viii) Supporting statement from a prospective supervisor from a University for PhD candidates.
- Scope of the scholarship
The scholarship covers the following:
- (i) Tuition fees and course-related costs;
- (ii) Go and return airfare;
- (iii) Living allowance; and
- (iv) Free health care.
NB: There is no top-up loan or grant from the Government of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered scholarships other than the one offered by the Government of the Republic of Mauritius. [wbcr_html_snippet id=”1250″ title=”Display Ads”]
- Application procedure and submission
- An application form must be filled in electronically, printed and then signed.
- Application forms can be obtained from the websites: http://highereducationmauritius.com and https://education.govmu.org/Pages/Mauritius-Africa-Scholarships-2020.aspx
- One set of completed application forms along with copies of relevant documents required should be sent to the address below not later than 15th August, 2022.