Tax Global Engineering Leader
EY Jacksonville, FL
Tax Global Engineering Leader At EY
About the job
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.Engineering Portfolio Leader – Tax (Director)EY is a recognized global leader in assurance, tax, consulting, transaction and consutling services. Our experience and quality services build trust and confidence in global capital markets and economies the world over. EY’s mission is to help build a better working world and we can’t accomplish our goals without the right people – exceptional people who want to work with the best, developing their skills as leaders and creating positive change.As Engineering Portfolio Leader Tax your responsibilities will be defining, designing, implementing and operating world-class products for EY and our Clients.In this role, you will partner with product management to set the vision, strategy and execution for a portfolio that will support yearly revenue in excess of US$40B.Responsibilities:
- Build, manage and lead a global team of over 1000 (400+ FTEs and 600+ Vendors) passionate engineers as part of the broader EY Engineering team
- End-to-end delivery of a portfolio of Products Tax in partnership with Product Management within agreed targets (on-time, on-budget) and standards
- Manage an overall budget (P&L) in excess of $150M (inc. hosting charges)
- Design, Develop and Operate multi-tenant, global, scalable & highly available Products following the agreed Engineering Operating Model
- Optimize ROI for development and ongoing operations costs of portfolio
- Drive awareness, adoption and reuse of platforms across CT, EY and external partner ecosystem
- Support, measure and continuously improve product availability through Site Reliability Engineering foundational practices (SRE, DraaS)
- Implement DevOps Practices and establish Site Reliability Engineering capabilities across all Products
- Advise and implement technology and platform strategy and standards for Client Technology in collaboration with technology teams across EY
- Advise and implement technology, platforms and development standards as part of Engineering Leadership
- Scout the technology landscape for emerging technologies, patterns and solutions to benefit EY or our Clients
- Drive an engineering culture that attracts and retains the best talent
Other Client-Facing Activities
- Collaborate with technology teams across EY Service Lines, being a thought leader and strategizing with the Client facing teams on implementation of global scale projects, including but not limited to migrations and build out of large-scale solution deployment.
- Participate in client pursuits as the lead representative for EY in the platform and cloud space
- Balanced experience in managing a delivery organization while having hands-on software development experience
- Expert in driving full product development and software development lifecycle including definition, design, development and operations of globally distributed and scalable cloud-based products
- Expert understanding of software engineering concepts such as: multithreading, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, high performance and scalable components
- Expert knowledge of Application and Infrastructure architectures including non-functional aspects like performance, scalability, reliability, availability etc
- Expert knowledge of software and product development practices and tooling (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations)
- Deep knowledge on modern multi Cloud (on-prem and public) platforms and infrastructures, Cloud Native application product architectures based on PaaS. SaaS and IaaS services
- Delivering integrated IT operations services across complex multi cloud environments (On-Prem, Azure, Google, AWS) meeting agreed to SLAs
- Technical leadership across infrastructure, networking and platform technologies supporting a diverse application product portfolio (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Leadership qualities include developing teamwork and trust, exhibiting respectful transparent communication, exemplifying collaboration both with peers and clients and leading positive change that fosters diversity and inclusiveness
- Experienced with managing large IT budgets, driving productivity, quality and cost efficiencies
- Technical leader providing vision, strategy and execution for modern application and infrastructure operations organizations.
- Skilled at creating efficient and modern organization operating models, process and structure supporting shift to Agile, DevOPS and SRE delivery practices.
- Customer centric leader with a sharp focus on delivering significant business value across diverse set of IT and Business stakeholders
- Fiscally responsible budget management and financial control, driving productivity, quality and efficiencies.
- Regular international and domestic travel. Reasonable extension of the working day should be expected commensurate with the needs to fulfil the obligations of the role
Other:Engineering Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You will lead your team to shape and deliver a portfolio of products
- Manage a software engineering team that builds, designs, implements and maintains a portfolio of software products and related services.
- Set goals, strategies, budgets, and oversee deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites.
- Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of the exponential demand.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Provide leadership for engineering standards inside EY and manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of software platforms.
- Act as Engineering Leadership provide technical governance across all Engineering products
You manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, drive architecture decisions, and design internet-scale solutions across various cloud and open source tools to resolve challenging cloud technology platform problems for our Clients in an effort to help develop your team.What We OfferWe offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $218,200 to $420,000. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $261,800 to $477,300. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply to this role only through the “Apply” link (not through the local office). Youe application will be routed to the appropriate recruiting teamThe Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.EY | Building a better working worldEY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [email protected]
Benefits found in job post
Read Also: VIP Manager At Initiate International 2023
You must be logged in to post a comment.