Apply By: 09-03-2023
To provide strategic input and support to the Country Director and Leadership Team in order to achieve the country strategy and Oxfam’s mission, being aligned to the Oxfam People Strategy.
Drawing on deep functional HR process and policy knowledge, and as custodian of HR policies and
services in country, deliver the HR country plan to ensure organizational effectiveness by supporting
and promoting staffing that has the full range of skills and capabilities required to implement the
Jordan country strategy.
Ensures that all staffing issues are managed in line with Oxfam Policy and procedures and facilitate
effective implementation by managers, or working alongside managers, to support delivery.
Dimensions Of The Role
- Managing HR staff in Jordan office.
- Providing professional advice to senior managers on areas of work covered in the job holder’s remit.
- Influencing the development of strategy, and supporting and delivering operational implementation.
- Developing solutions to diverse and complex problems within organisational policy; anticipating and pre-empting risks to Oxfam.
- Impact of this role is significant within the country.
- Ensures the HR ‘hygiene’ factors are performed to a high standard and consistently checked for their relevance and standards (eg HR administration of contracts, recruitment, managing terms and conditions of employment, salary administration etc).
- Implements good practice people management which is legally compliant (i.e. employment law, tax laws, etc.)
- Organises learning and development opportunities for staff to achieve Oxfam’s people and culture goals
- Part of the country senior management tea
Provision of HR Services: (70 % of time)
- As HR Business Partner to the Oxfam Country Director, act as trusted advisor to the senior
- leadership team. Develop and lead on the HR related aspects of organizational development plan
- and engage with and influence senior management thinking and behaviors on this and the people
- aspects of Country Strategy and ensure that people management is central to this. To provide both:
- Detailed advice and problem resolution (including direct one to one manager case work support)
- on complex and sensitive policy interpretation and procedural issues to managers and
- employees and HR colleagues, including advising managers when HR decisions might need to
- be taken outside of defined policy and process; and
- Coordination of the administration process to align the delivery of HR support (HR basics) to
- meet business needs that incorporates best practice and techniques and is compliant with
- agreed performance levels and legal requirements under Jordanian and other relevant laws,
across all the following range of HR processes:
- Recruitment in order to attract, retain and develop the people needed to enable delivery ofthe Country Strategy
- Workforce planning – manage organograms and advises CD on future staffing needs.
- Performance Management – Champions PM in country, supports line managers to fulfil their obligations in the process including undertaking performance assessments.
- Employee Relations and labour law – ensuring ER policies and procedures are fair and
- compliant with Jordanian labour law via working with lawyers where necessary; interpret
- legal advice and ER policy in country.
- Pay and Reward including the negotiation of starting salaries / Compensation, Pension and Benefits
- Resource Management Payroll
Attendance management – including maternity cases
- Change Management- Facilitates HR elements of change in countries, working closely with
- OI change manager.
- Health and Safety and employee well-being that ensures the country H&S plans are in place
- and that reporting is done correctly.
- Manage the country Learning and Development plan and implementation
- Manage the link with the GHT HR function during Humanitarian responses.
- Provide short term support for cross affiliate HR systems and needs
- Coordinate the in country succession planning and employee engagement strategies.
- Regularly produce HR management information for CD and Senior Managers.
- Manage the link and relationship to all OI HR shared services including coordination with the
- regional platform.
- Work closely with the Oxfam Reward Shared Service on a day to day and more strategic basis,
- be responsible for the country annual pay review process, and where appropriate in close
- cooperation with the other affiliates and regional HR working in the region.
- Ensure that there is regular dialogue and shared problem solving with the Staff Representative.
- Monitor the climate or mood and proactively advise and support the CD on a course of action
- when necessary.
- Implement and monitor HR Support Team standards, particularly in relation to customer service,
- quality and accuracy:
- Ensure staff are paid accurately and on time by preparing and inputting the monthly payroll
- calculations, including computations for leavers.
- Ensure there is accurate and updated staff information on the HR System (where applicable)
- Ensure confidential and efficient management of medical aid issues, including in crisis
- Provide high quality management reports as required including the monthly HR planner and
- change management plans.
- Ensure that Oxfam health & security guidelines and practices are maintained and implemented.
- Ensure HIV and Gender workplace policies are appropriately implemented and instilled in daily
- office life so as to build an office culture that supports women and men’s roles and creates an
- open environment where staff can comfortably discuss problems that may impact on their work.
- Own the business position – considers cost and resource demands against business drivers and
- critical success factors. Balances cost and quality
Organisational Development and Staff Capacity Building (20 % of time)
- Develop and update as required Oxfam Strategic HR and Organizational Development strategy in Jordan to promote a high performing culture rooted in Oxfam’s values.
- Support – as a priority where appropriate – the recruitment and development of new skills requiredfor effective programming and delivery of the Plan
- Work closely with the Country Management Team to ensure effective talent managementstrategy is in place and actively support activity that optimizes talent and helps us build Oxfam inJordan a compelling employer brand to attract, develop and retain talent
- Support the development of solutions to cater for individual’s development plans, and thatspecific skills training is arranged for the country team where shortfalls are identified.
- Ensure that Oxfam staff have the required skills and abilities to provide capacity building andknowledge transfer to partner organizations.
- Continue to embed effective performance management amongst the country leadership teamand develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation process to ensure that both individualand organizational performance against objectives is regularly assessed and issues are identifiedand addressed.
General Organizational Awareness and Learning (10 % of time)
- Stay abreast of changing organizational and external situational circumstances, which mayimpact both the human resources team and the wider organization and proactively developsuggestions for addressing them and/or incorporating relevant information into Oxfam’s ideasand approaches.
- Actively promote a coaching, mentoring culture, including secondment opportunities in consultation with and after CD approval to support staff development and career growth.
- Manage the link with the OI Regional HR Business Partner and change managers (whereappropriate)
- As a member of the HR Team within the Region, contribute to OI HR strategy development.
- May take a lead within the Region on a strategic HR issue as appropriate and as directed by the CD.
- Share learning across the Region.
Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam needs to be able to:
- Live our values of INCLUSION, ACCOUNTABILITY and EMPOWERMENT (read more about these here).
- Ensure you commit to our ORGANISATIONAL ATTRIBUTES (including adhering to the Code of Conduct):
- Be committed to our feminist principles, and to applying them in your day-to-day behaviour and your work. Be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity.”
- Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Experience, Knowledge & Competencies
- For this role, you will need to model Oxfam’s feminist leadership approach so we have selected the most relevant feminist leadership practices which we will use for assessment purposes (which you can read more about here):
- Strategic Thinking and Judgement
- Relationship Building
- Mutual Accountability
In addition, an ideal candidate will also have:
- A Degree in Human Resources or related field (where appropriate in the local context) with substantial knowledge and experience of general human resource management with expertise in providing a superior, proactive, business focused service
- A good understanding of non-profit sector and sector wide approaches to HR management
- Substantial knowledge and experience of organizational development, especially capacity building and skills transfer, change management, learning and development and knowledge management.
- Experience in creating a learning and sharing environment.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of (country) labour law and its application in Jordan.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience on organizational development practices and techniques, from organizational diagnosis, design, transformation and related solution modelling.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships (internal and external)
- Excellent team management skills including development of junior HR professionals
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Strong analytical skills
- At interview, shortlisted candidates will also be assessed on our values and organisational attributes, as outlined above.
- Relevant post-graduate academic qualification in human resource management, organizational development, psychology or related discipline (where appropriate in the local context)
- Knowledge of Jordan in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good
- understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in Jordan or in the region.
- North-West University (NWU) Entry Requirements
- List of Courses Offered at North-West University, NWU…
- List of NGOs in Tanzania – Registered NGOs in Tanzania
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Pakistan’s food and agriculture systems
- Columbia College Areas of Study
- The Top 10 Health Insurance Plans in the United Kingdom 2022
- Teachers Payslip Login
- Regional Programme Coordinator
- Head of Operational Risk and Credit Governance at Absa Bank…
You must be logged in to post a comment.